domingo, 23 de agosto de 2026

Aparición espiritista de Freud en un gabinete vacío

The incident happened in April 1909, when Jung was 33 and Freud was 52 years old. Here is Jung's own account, given to interviewer Aniela Jaffé fifty years later:

"It interested me to hear Freud's views on precognition and parapsychology in general. When I visited him in Vienna in 1909 I asked him what he thought of these matters. Because of his materialistic prejudice, he rejected this entire complex of questions as nonsensical ... ...

While Freud was going on in this way, I had a curious sensation. It was as if my diaphragm were made of iron and was becoming red-hot - a glowing vault. And at that moment there was such a loud report in the bookcase, which stood right next to us, that we both started up in alarm, fearing the thing was going to topple over on us. I said to Freud: "There is an example of a so-called catalytic exteriorisation phenomenon."

"Oh come," he exclaimed. "That is sheer bosh."

"It is not," I replied. "You are mistaken, Herr Professor. And to prove my point I now predict that there will be another loud report!" Sure enough, no sooner had I said the words than the same detonation went off in the bookcase.

To this day I do not know what gave me this certainty."
(POEE)
Iglesia del Surf del Cristo Risueño de la Costa LTD. MMXXVI ©

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario